FrogLube of Omaha | Omaha, NE, 68114 | 402-637-3639
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
The following procedure should help you reduce your maintenance time and frequency intervals to insure the full, long-lasting performance of your weapon. You should use standard weapons cleaning tools such as nylon brushes, bore patches and brushes, Q-tips, bore snakes and cloths. Since FrogLube is 100% biodegradable, you can select a premium grade cloth which you may launder in a washer and dryer. FrogLube recommends laundering separately. When used in accordance with these instructions, FrogLube delivers a slick and slippery finish that shoots dry, wicks to the surface when warmed and dissolves carbon on contact.Note: If you have any concerns about using FrogLube products, try a small amount in a non-descript area of your firearm to confirm compatibility.
1) Your new weapon is likely factory-treated with a lubricant or protectant of a petro-chemical substance or you may have used a petrochemical or other substances on your weapon. 2) For your first application; for best performance, it is preferred to remove any petroleum fouling or residue from your weapon using FrogLube Solvent™ or equivalent prior to applying FrogLube. (If pre-cleaning is not practical or desired, FrogLube will penetrate and eventually dissolve corrosive petrochemical present on the weapon.) 3) It's best to clean ALL surfaces with FrogLube cleaning products - FrogLube cleaners do not leave a residue. NOTE: You should discontinue the use of petrochemical-based cleaners and lubricants since they negate the optimal effects of a FrogLube-treated weapon.
1. Remove ‘heavy’ grease or stubborn fouling with nylon brush and/or shop towels. 2. Apply generous amount of FrogLube Solvent using brush, towels or spray applicator. 3. Allow 1-3 min. to activate full cleaning action. 4. Agitate/scrub surface with nylon brush, towel or cleaning tool. You may notice a slight foaming on surface. 5. Wipe off with microfiber towel, patches or paper towels to remove all moisture. Note: If you prefer, you may use compressed air to blow off excess until dry.
Heat. Solvent is non-flammable and may be used in conjunction with a heated ultrasonic or cleaning tank. Check with manufacturers instructions for compatibility and user instructions. Test cleaning performance at 6 min. intervals. Surface should now be clean, dry and ready for lube/protectant application.
1. Pre-clean using above procedure with FrogLube Solvent™. 2. For best results, apply heat to area to be treated. Heat from a heat lamp, heat blower or ambient sunlight is more than sufficient. 3. Apply FrogLube and allow time to absorb. (heat quickens the rate of absorption) 4. Scrub, agitate, and wipe off excess. Normal cleaning tools such as nylon brushes, patches, wipes and towels are sufficient. 5. Lubricate to preference. FrogLube will work dry or wet. Note: In hot/dusty or extreme cold, follow manufacturers directions for use in extreme environmental conditions 6. If storing, apply a light coat for long term protection.
LONG TERM CARE Heat. Although not required, you will find that 15 min of direct sunlight or equivalent allows for thorough application of FrogLube. When the surface is warmed, the rate of FrogLube absorption is increased.
The FrogLube System Approach: The combination of the Solvent and the CLP will provide the best result. The two products were designed to integrate and provide the optimal performance from your firearm.
Harsh exposures. For more demanding conditions, such as salt water, humidity or long-term storage, we recommend a light to moderate coat of FrogLube on parts. Product is applied slightly more generously, and you should still see the metal surface through a gloss or thin film of the material.
SUBSEQUENT CLEANING AND RE-APPLICATION FrogLube testing has demonstrated unmatched reliability through thousands of rounds of firing without cleaning; however, most manufacturers will recommend inspecting and cleaning after every use.
1) If you get 'build-up' due to lack of cleaning, and you sustain sluggish performance, do a field strip and a generous application of FrogLube Solvent to all parts and spaces. You will find amazing cleaning results and this should normally return the firearm to peak operating performance. 2) After long term storage, you should do a field strip, clean and inspect. Reapply the CLP to preference.
FOR THE ONE-SHOT SHOOTERS: HUNTERS/SNIPERS Gun:
- Do a detail clean/strip with generous amount of solvent. Wipe off excess with microfiber towels.
- Apply heat per instruction above.
Apply a generous coating of FrogLube to desired friction points. Scrub with cleaning brushes and allow to absorb.
Wipe dry with microfiber towels.
Lube as desired.
Scrub internal bore surface with generous amount of solvent using nylon bore brush and/or wet patch, followed by dry patches until clean and dry.
Repeat this step until patches reveal little to no fouling. Vigorous friction applied to surfaces increases cleaning performance.
Run a saturated FrogLube CLP patch to ‘season’ the barrel surface followed by 3-5 dry patches.
Observation: High quality barrels will maintain stable shot group deviation for 80-100 rds between cleanings.
NOTE: All of FrogLube’s products are bio-based, non-hazardous and environmentally friendly. However, for important health and safety information, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for our products. For additional product information or application advice, please contact FrogLube Products at 1-855-FROGLUBE or write us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org